A few years ago, back when Napoleon Dynamite was all the rage, I bought myself a Vote for Pedro t-shirt on Amazon. Alas, when I got it, I discovered that it was just a touch too tight. …OK, maybe more than “a touch.”
I held onto that shirt for a year before I decided that it would make a good before-and-after weight photo. So, I put on my best-fitting pair of jeans (read: least tight in the waist), put on my too-tight shirt, and took some pictures. As expected, once I saw the pics full-size on my computer, I swore I would show them to no one until I had an appropriate After picture.
And here we are, twenty pounds later. I’m wearing a different pair of jeans, mainly because these fit better than (read: are not as loose as) the other ones (which I do still own), but the difference is still obvious:
Differences that stand out for me:
- The smaller waist. No more jellyroll / spare tire. Or, at least, not as noticeable of one.
- The neck. I have bones and tendons and shadows!
- The pants fit. Properly.
- I like my short hair. Having some hair to frame my face suits me.
- The upper arm is smaller. Hard to see unless you’re looking for it. Like I am.
- Even my fingers are thinner! Lookit that!
- The boobs. They have shrunk. Part of me is sad to see them go.
So, I wonder what the picture for 170 lbs and 24 BMI will look like? We’ll find out next year…