Dude. SOMEBODY please tell me what’s wrong with this statement:
$query="UPDATE eventTable SET date='$ed_eventDate', eventTitle='$ed_eventTitle', location='$ed_location', desc='$ed_desc' WHERE eventID=$ed_eventID";
I’ve been fighting with this one line for over an hour, trying to get the damn LSM calendar to update, and it keeps telling me I have a syntax error. I know it’s gotta be something small and stupid, but fuck if I can tell what it is.
If you know what’s wrong and you’d like to share, or if you might know but need to see the code around this to be sure, please share your infinite wisdom with me.
I’m getting that old frustrated “Come on, Diana, it’s time for a break / No, I’ve almost got it, I don’t want to stop now” feeling that I used to get when I was
learning attempting to learn Macromedia Lingo back in the day. Except this time, I’m not going to stay up all night and watch Weird Al on MTV or Futurama on… whatever channel it was on. I’m going to go to bed instead.
Update, 8/24/2005 8:55pm: It was my variable names! I used “date” and “desc” as variables, and they’re reserved words. Once I changed my variable names, the query worked in MyPHPAdmin. I’m still working on getting the actual page to update, as I have several variable names to correct…